Brakes & Brake Repair
Simply put, if your brakes are not working properly, you, your family and everyone on the road are at risk. Brakes are the most important safety attribute on our vehicles today. So, your brakes should be checked at least yearly.
In most cases you should specify to have the brakes looked at while having the oil changed. We at Benefield Automotive check brakes that are visible without pulling of the tires while underneath the vehicle doing the oil change. We do this as a courtesy for the customer as we know in today’s work force scheduled maintenance can be easily forgotten. We have partnered with multiple Brake Part Companies such as; Wagner, Bendix, Raybestos, Brembo, AC Delco, Akebono, EBC, Motorcraft to offer the highest quality products for both foreign and domestic automobiles . Our certified ASE technicians can properly diagnose and repair vehicles equipped with ABS (antilock brakes) and or conventional brakes. Come in today to have Benefield Automotive ASE certified technicians inspect and or replace your brakes today.
How Do I know if I need brakes?
- A piercing or squealing noise.
- A grinding noise when driving or applying the brakes
- A vibration or pulsation when applying the brakes
- A pull or jerk to one side or another while applying brakes
- Having to exert more pressure on the pedal when trying to stop.
- ABS or Brake light is on
Our Brake Service
- Replacing of the brake pads (typically with ceramic- longer lasting, quieter, less brake dust)
- Resurfacing of the rotors with a non-directional finish
- Replacing of the rotors when not resurfacing
- Cleaning/greasing (graphite) and or replacing of caliper slides
- Replacing of calipers and or brake hoses when applicable
- Bleeding and or flushing of the brakes where applicable